Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Week 38 and I am Ready to Be Done!

Hi everyone. Yes, I am ready to be done with this pregnancy, but I am trying not to be impatient. Its not good for me, and it won't help Gizmo come any sooner. I keep saying the baby will come in a week (about a week sooner than the due date), but Scott says it will be 3 weeks (a week past the due date)! I sure hope not, but it is quite possible since normal pregnancy can be anywhere from 38-42 weeks, and most first time moms go over their due dates. I wish I was like my dear friend Trish who had her baby Olivia a month ago now on the first day of her 38th week. But I am already past that since today is the 2nd day of my 38th week. It is amazing to think Gizmo could come any time now but I won't know when until it happens. I have finished reading all my pregnancy books, and I have packed my hospital bags. However, I have not cleaned my house yet, nor do I have any impulses to do so, even though it really does need it! People tell me that when you get a rush of energy and can't stop cleaning your house, your baby is coming. Looks like Gizmo is content for now.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rob, Trish, Olivia, Evan, & Thunder said...

Lesley,
You're looking great, though...hang in there! I wish you were as lucky as me, too...let's hope nesting sets in soon! :)
The huge prize will make this race all worth it, believe me!!!