Wednesday, October 25, 2006

39 Weeks and Still Pregnant

Yes, I am still pregnant. Please believe me, I will let you know if something happens. I am starting to get the "Are you still pregnant?" emails and phone calls. I hope people realize that if I am, in fact, otherwise indisposed by labor or early baby bonding, I won't be answering my emails or phone calls anyway! But, I can't blame people because I am just as anxious if not more than they are.

I am also grumpy today. First off, I'm still pregnant. Second, don't ever try to grocery shop at 11:30am on a weekday. No offense to people who are on in years, but everyone at the store was moving at the pace of molasses running uphill in January, as my dad would say. They were completely unaware that they were blocking the aisles and they were everywhere. I think I was the only person there under the age of 70. It was frustrating, and I was tired and hungry. I had just gotten done with my midwife appointment where I had found out that although I am more effaced (80%), I am still at 3cm and -1 station. This lack of progress and the fact that my midwife is taking the next few days off and may or may not be available if I do finally go into labor (she wants to be there but can't promise anything - she's going to a freakin' black tie Halloween party on Friday and her husband may be layed up) add up to my fourth point of annoyance. Well, I was hoping a little nap would take away my grumpies, but now I am pretty sure that our washing machine isn't working. Great!! So there you have it. I am now 5 days away from my due date and I have 5 things that have pissed me off today. Maybe a good meal (Scott & I are cooking Chicken Fettucini Alfredo together for supper) will make me feel better. Anyone know anything about washing machines that don't drain?

No comments: