Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Nicky's Portraits

Nicky and I had a very busy day today. First, he had his six month portraits taken today. He did so well! He was very smiley and cooperative. Enjoy the photo below (don't worry - I bought the rights to it so I'm not ripping it off!). If you want to see the rest of the portraits, click on this link: portraits.

After portraits, we ran some errands around town in preparation for our trip to North Dakota later this week. At USABaby, I found a cool pacifier that closes when you drop it on the floor (great idea) as well as a teether that looks like a raspberry with a pacifier-type handle. Then we renewed one of my library books. When we went to Walmart, things took a turn for the worse. First, I discovered that I'd left my wallet in the car when I went to buy some Claritin at the pharmacy. I had to leave the cart there and haul Nicky outside again. When, we got to the car, I was horrified to find out that Nicky had had a major blowout and pooped out the back of his diaper. It was not only all over him and his clothes but also his car seat! After cleaning him up in the car, we were about to go back to the store to finish our shopping, but wait... Where were my keys? They were in the back-seat and we were locked out! In all the yucky poopy excitement, they had fallen out of my pocket. So I called Scott since it was almost 5pm by this time. He agreed to come bail me out. In the mean time, we went back into the store to finish the shopping But wait - now Nicky was hungry so I took him to the restroom to feed him. That was fine, but when I stood up, the toilet flushed automatically and quite loudly. It scared the bejesus out of poor tired Nicky. He was terrified (he generally hates loud noises) and screamed his head off. I was able to talk him down, and we went back to shopping again. Nicky fell asleep as I bemoaned what a horrible shopping experience it had been. On top of all of the unfortunate incidents that had occurred, I also could not find a number of items that were on my list. Scott arrived just as we were finishing up with check-out and we were finally able to go home. Ow, what a day.

Now, all I can think about it everything I have to do tomorrow before we leave Thursday morning. How do you prepare for a 9 hour car ride with a 6-month-old? Is that even doable? We'll see. We have a bit of flexibility in our schedule. Tomorrow I need to do laundry, pack, finish scanning some family photos so I can bring them back to my mom, and run a few more errands. We'll see if I can get it all done!

No comments: