Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Scott!

Hi all. Well, today is my darling hubby's 32nd birthday. Dang, he is getting old!! We had planned to celebrate by going to a Royals baseball game yesterday but with the wet weather and windchills in the 30's, we decided to pass. We're especially disappointed since it was Powder Blue Jersey night and we would have each netted a free jersey if we had braved the cold. But it just wasn't possible especially with a toddler in tow. Plus, last year Scott did brave the cold and he went on to develop a nasty cold the following week.

Scott is getting harder and harder to shop for for me because we have been together for 12 years, married for 5, and I am just running out of ideas! I was hoping an idea would just pop into my head randomly so I waited til the last second to buy him a gift, but no luck. No idea magically appeared.

So, Nicky and I went shopping Friday. Let's just say that Nicky does not like shopping and was not enjoying my browsing and indecision. So, we decided to buy daddy a very nice Fossil watch. Now some of you might thinking, that's a nice gift, and I agree, it is pretty nice. But I feel uncreative at best because Scott just bought me a watch for Xmas, so its not an original idea at all. Oh well, his old watch band was torn and this watch is not only stylish but can also work for work and casual attire.

So, today I set to showing my love for Scott by cooking for him. For supper I made chicken fettucini alfredo the yummy, fattening way - with cream, real Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and butter. Yum! And I made him a chocolate fudge cake (from a box) with dark chocolate espresso buttercream frosting (homemade). Can you tell someone like chocolate and coffee!! Well, better go eat some cake! I'll post pictures once I have a chance to download them.





No comments: