Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hope I Don't Make a Fool Out of Myself

In approximately an hour, I will be taking part in my first draft for fantasy football. And remotely even, via instant messenger. Scott is running a league this year and I have joined. He decided that he couldn't wait to have the draft until I got back into town because opening day is coming soon and with this weekend being a holiday weekend, he just couldn't wait any longer.

I will be managing my team by myself; Scott has his own team. I feel like I still don't know what in the hell I am doing even though I have been reading up and looking at player ranking lists for over a week. Luckily, my brother Dusty is going to help me out and advise me so I don't make any super bonehead moves. As many of you know, I really enjoy watching sports, but football is not my favorite. Its probably the sport I know the least about even though both of my brothers played it in high school. And I have spoken before about how screwed up I think fantasy football is (it is not right to be cheering for one team's defense at the same time that you are cheering for the opposing team's quarterback or whatever).

So, why am I doing fantasy football then, you ask? Basically, I am hoping it will help me get into football more, learn more about the game, and enjoy watching it with my husband since he is basically going to take over the tv and computer every Sunday, Monday and Thursday anyway. The cool thing is that I think there are as many women in our league as men. Here's hoping I don't regret this...

No comments: