Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Preview of the nursery

Hi again! I should really write in here more often, right? Anyway, if I ever get around to it, I will post some pics of my burgeoning belly, but for now you'll have to settle for a schematic of how our nursery will soon look, the key word being soon. See, Scott & I will be taking off this Friday for good old North Dakota for a week+ vacation, so that nursery ain't changing or progressing anytime in the near future. But yes, there are plans. Oh, are there plans! Anyone who knows me knows I am full of plans. Plus, I had dreams of being an interior designer when I was a youngster, so I love to decorate. You might also be interested to know that I am a fairly proficient ebay shopper, and boy am I glad of that. Have any of you taken a look at the cost of nursery bedding sets lately? They are outrageous!!! So, ebay has been my source of higher end nursery decor and bedding at a much-cheaper-than-retail price. Check out the set I just won on ebay below. It's a Pottery Barn Kids set that would have sold for hundreds of dollars at the store. As red and blue are my favorite colors, I fell in love with it right away. Plus, it doesn't dictate a particular theme and it's fairly boy or girl neutral so we could use it for our next child, whenever that may be.

Do note that I do plan on adding a bit of a theme to the room, but if I put it in this post, my mother-in-law would find out the gender of the baby so I'll have to post some pics of the "themed" decor we will add to the walls and such to the Annex website for you fellow decorators out there. I think the room will be cute but not too typical baby - you know, full of pastels and teddy bears. That's just not Scott or my taste. But, this set does have gingham fabric (the checkered print) which is pretty common in baby decor and ric rac trim so it has a bit of a vintage feel to it, just like I like. It should go nicely with the turned spindle crib we've picked out, too. Check it out!

No comments: